A lot of you might have come across the term “BPA-Free” sometime or the other. A lot of you might already know about it, and some of you might not have bothered knowing what it is. Right?
If you are someone who knows What is BPA? Is BPA Harmful to the Human Body? And so on, you can already skip to the main topic, “Brands of Bottled Water That Are BPA Free.”
However, a slight revision never hurts.
- 1 What is BPA?
- 2 What Products Contain BPA?
- 3 Does BPA enter your body? If yes, how?
- 4 What Does BPA-Free Imply?
- 5 What All Ill Effects Does BPA Have On Human Body?
- 6 Best BPA Free Bottle Water Brands
- 6.1 Waiakea Hawaiian Volcanic Water:
- 6.2 Essentia Water:
- 6.3 Nestle Pure Life Water:
- 6.4 Dasani Water:
- 6.5 Poland Spring Origin Water:
- 6.6 FIJI Natural Artesian Water:
- 6.7 LIFEWTR Premium Purified Water:
- 6.8 JUST Water:
- 6.9 Penta Ultra Purified Water:
- 6.10 Evian Natural Spring Water:
- 6.11 Propel Water:
- 7 Conclusion
What is BPA?
BPA (Bisphenol A) is a chemical that is added to various commercial products, including food containers and sanitation products.
It was discovered during the 1890s, though physicists during the 1950s learned that it can be easily blended in with different compounds to create solid plastics.
Nowadays, BPA-containing plastics are often used in food containers, bottles, and other things.
BPA is also used to make epoxy resins, which is used on the internal lining of canned food containers to prevent the metal from eroding and breaking.
What Products Contain BPA?
A few standard products that might contain BPA are:
- Things packed in plastic containers
- Dental filling sealants
- Canned food products
- Sports equipment
- Eye lenses
- Female hygiene items
- Albums and DVDs
- Household tools
And a lot more things.
Does BPA enter your body? If yes, how?
The essential source of exposure to BPA for a lot many people is through the diet. While air, dust, and water are other potential sources of exposure, BPA in food and drinks is the most common way humans are exposed to BPA.
BPA can seep into food from the interior layer of canned food containers and from some other items like polycarbonate silverware, food containers, water bottles, and baby bottles.
The intensity at which BPA drains from polycarbonate bottles into fluids may rely more upon the temperature of the fluid or container, than the age of the holder. BPA can also be found in breast milk.
What Does BPA-Free Imply?
A BPA-Free product implies that a product that does not use Bisphenol-A (BPA) for its production. Bisphenol-A is an industrial compound used to make specific plastic and resins. Exposure to this chemical is a huge concern because of a massive range of potential health issues of BPA on babies, kids and adults.
Because of the recent studies on BPA and increased awareness amongst the consumers, many products that were earlier made using BPA are now switching to BPA-free ones to ensure the safety of their consumers.
What All Ill Effects Does BPA Have On Human Body?
Given below is a rundown of ill effects that BPA can cause on the human body:
- Male impotence
- Type 2 diabetes
- Rotten teeth
- Heart disease (particularly in females)
- Slowed learning to children
- Loss of memory
- Breast cancer
This is why a lot of brands have stopped using containers/ bottles that were manufactured using BPA have now switched to BPA-free bottles.
Best BPA Free Bottle Water Brands
Waiakea Hawaiian Volcanic Water:
Waiakea Hawaiian Volcanic Water is a BPA free and award-winning clean/fresh bottled water brand that stifles your thirst right away.
The Waiakea water goes through a unique filtration process, making it one of the world’s best organic alkaline waters.
This bottled water is enriched with natural minerals and electrolytes that make it naturally alkaline with a pH level of about 8.2. The Waiakea Hawaiian Volcanic Water item also comes in multiple sizes to suit different occasions, and the bottles are 100% recyclable.
Pros of The Waiakea Hawaiian Volcanic Water:
- It comes in 100% recyclable and Sans-BPA bottles.
- This water has a delightful taste with a fresh mouthfeel.
- The Waiakea Hawaiian Volcanic Water supplements magnified electrolytes and minerals.
- It comes in a variety of sizes to suit various needs.
Cons of The Waiakea Hawaiian Volcanic Water:
- It is somewhat expensive.
Essentia Water is a BPA Free bottled water comprising 99.9% unadulterated composition that meets FDA, IBWA, and EPA norms for purified drinking water. This brand also adds a blend of ionized soluble electrolytes to work on the taste.
This Sans-BPA filtered water is free from toxins, fluoride, metals, chlorine, bacteria, and viruses. Every single bottle of Essentia has supercharged alkaline water with a pH of 9.5 and more. It is painstakingly processed to serve you with the best.
Pros of Essentia Water:
- Firstly, Essentia Water is BPA-Free clean drinking bottled water.
- The brand is known for its exceptional tasting water.
- A lot of people often complain about alkaline water tastes bitter, it is not the case with Essenia.
Cons of Essentia Water:
- People often complain about the price being too high as compared to the size of the bottle.
Nestle Pure Life Water:
The Nestle Pure Life Water brand caters to Sans BPA filtered water with zero calories and sugars, making it a fantastic alternative to sugary beverages. This bottled water is enriched with a light mix of naturally transpiring minerals and electrolytes to give it a reviving taste.
The Nestle Pure Life Water’s bottles are 100% recyclable, which makes them a perfect fit. The pH level of this water ranges from 6.8 to 7.4.
Pros of Nestle Pure Life Water:
- The first and foremost pro of the Nestle Pure Life Water is that it is BPA_Free and completely recyclable.
- It also acts as a perfect alternative to the sugary drinks.
- This bottled water has a fresh and crisp mouthfeel to it.
Cons of Nestle Pure Life Water:
- The bottles are super thin.
Found by Coca Cola in 1999, Dasani Water is yet another BPA free bottled drinking water. Dasani Water fuses filtration with added minerals to make clean, fresh, and premium tasting pure water that adheres to the EPA, IBWA, and FDA standards. Dasani filters their water using reverse osmosis process.
The Dasani BPA-free filtered water does exclude any components sourced from GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms). Every single bottle of Dasani water has a pH level of 5.6 and an aerial amount of non-carbonated sodium and other different minerals for taste.
Pros of the Dasani Water:
- It is a super affordable.
- The Dasani Water is BPA-free and has a great taste too.
Cons of the Dasani Water:
- A few people have complained about the water tasting sour.
Poland Spring Origin Water:
The Poland Spring Origin Water is a BPA-free filtered water brand that features 100% spring water sourced from a source encompassed by pine trees in Maine’s woodlands. This water contains GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms) and electrolytes that give it a fresh and reviving taste.
The Poland Spring Origin Water comes in plastic bottles, lids, and labels made of 100% recyclable material. The pH level of this bottled water is 7.2, and the water is screened thoroughly to dispose of any contaminants.
Pros of the Poland Spring Origin Water:
- It features a 100% natural spring water.
- The Poland Spring Origin Water is wholly recyclable and safe for consumption.
- It has a great filtration process too.
Cons of the Poland Spring Origin Water:
- It is super duper expensive.
FIJI Natural Artesian Water:
Fiji Natural Artesian Water is another fantastic BPA-free filtered bottled water, which is also electrolyte-enhanced for taste enrichment. This water comprises unadulterated ingredients that meet the FDA, EPA, and IBWA requirements for purified drinking water.
Fiji Natural Artesian Water features a smooth and soft taste since it is sourced from a natural artesian spring situated in the Fiji Islands. Fiji water has a pH level of 7.7, which is very carefully refined for better rehydration.
Pros of the Fiji Natural Artesian Water:
- It has added electrolytes and minerals that are amazing for the human body.
- The Fiji Natural Artesian Water is BPA-free and is super safe for the environment.
- The bottle is beautifully made.
Cons of the Fiji Natural Artesian Water:
- There have been instances where the bottles get swollen during the shipping process.
- It is is quite heavy on the pocket as compared to other brands.
LIFEWTR Premium Purified Water:
The LIFEWTR Premium Purified Water is another great BPA-free filtered water brand with uber-cool packaging and features an exhilarating taste. This water is augmented with a decent amount of electrolytes and minerals to ensure you get an epic taste alongside perfect hydration.
LIFEWTR Premium Purified Water has an appropriate pH level that ranges from about 6.4 to 7.4. The amount of electrolytes in this filtered water is the thing that brings its pH level to neutral. The bottles come in different sizes to fit various needs.
Pros of the LIFEWTR Premium Purified Water:
- Firstly, it is not heavy on the pocket.
- The LIFEWTR Premium Purified Water is BPA-free and has a very attractive bottle design.
- It also has added electrolytes and minerals.
Cons of the LIFEWTR Premium Purified Water:
- The chances of the bottles damaging are very high
JUST Water is a Sans-BPA, 100% pure spring water packed in an eco-friendly plant-based bottle. JUST drinking water is designed using undiluted and untouched, natural spring water sourced from the Glens Falls.
Every one of their bottles is made of paper sourced from FSC-certified forests. Also, the pre-owned bottles are extensively reused to make paper towels, tissues, or building materials. This No-BPA filtered water has a fresh and unadulterated taste. Lastly, the pH level of JUST Water is 8.0.
Pros of the JUST Water:
- The biggest pro of the JUST Water is that it comes in a plant-based eco-friendly packaging.
- It comes in different size options.
- Lastly, it contains no added preservatives or sugars.
Cons of the JUST Water:
- The bottles might become dented during the shipping process.
Penta Ultra Purified Water:
The Penta Ultra Purified Water is an extraordinary BPA-free filtered bottled water label. The Penta Ultra Purified Water can be absorbed rapidly into the consumer’s body cells for amazing hydration with its design and composition.
The Penta Ultra Purified Water undergoes a cycle of 13 stages for 11 hours straight to guarantee that your water is liberated from harmful chemical compounds like fluoride, chlorine, MTBE, lead, arsenic, BPS, and BPA. The Penta Ultra Purified Water is also infused with oxygen to give it a clean, fresh, and refreshing taste. The pH level of this water is around 7 to 8.
Pros of The Penta Ultra Purified Water:
- The water is made using solar energy.
- It gives crisp, clean drinking water.
- The bottles are completely recyclable and are BPA-free.
Cons of The Penta Ultra Purified Water:
- The Penta Ultra Purified Water is a bit expensive.
Evian Natural Spring Water:
Evian Natural Spring Water is an extraordinary Sans-BPA filtered water brand with naturally occurring electrolytes and balanced mineral composition. This water has a fresh, soft, and extraordinary taste compared to other brands.
Evian Natural Spring Water is created naturally, which means it is unadulterated drinking water with minerals and an impartial balanced pH level of 7.2. Evian Natural Spring Water comes in different sizes to suit various needs.
Pros of the Evian Natural Spring Water:
- It has a well-balanced taste at both room temperature and chilled.
- The bottles are Sans-BPA and recyclable.
- The water is well-balanced.
Cons of the Evian Natural Spring Water:
- None other than the high price.
Propel water is an incredible unflavored and BPA-Free filtered water brand with a clean, flavorful, and crisp taste. This water does not have sugar. It comes with an abundant amount of electrolytes and minerals that are important for your body.
The electrolytes in Propel Bottled Water are made to help the consumer quench their thirst while relishing excellent tasting water. Moreover, the pH level of the Propel Water stays below the neutral level which is 6.9.
Pros of the Propel Water:
- It is rich in Vitamin B6, B and E.
- It has no additives whatsoever.
- The bottle is eco-friendly.
Cons of the Propel Water:
- It has no cons.
In this article, we have talked about the top filtered water brands that are BPA-Free.
With regards to unadulterated filtered water to drink, it tends to be hard to get away from exposure to Bisphenol A (BPA), which is unsafe to your health. Fortunately, a couple of filtered water brands cater to water that is safe and helps you retain a healthy life.